We have lived in the addition on Rob's parents' house for almost 4 years now. We're mostly happy with it, but I would really love to have more space. I know we don't need more "stuff" and I could stand to be more organized with the space I currently have, but I would LOVE to have a room dedicated to learning/art/creativity. I woke up this morning imagining it again. On the walls I'd have large timelines of world history, including scriptural events. There would be maps, alphabet charts and math and scientific tables. Anatomy and other nature diagrams. It would be a place for me to keep my books - those I own and those I'd purchase if I had the space. We could do art in one of the corners. Ideally there would be a nice view from a large window. It would be a good place for doing homework - or even homeschooling if we chose to do that (though I'm still not sure if I'll ever be sufficiently motivated to do that & I do enjoy the breaks that public school can give).
We occasionally talk of moving to some distant place with less expensive land and home prices. Maybe somewhere in some state's "country" with lots of green surrounding fields. I feel tied to this place partially because of family and I think part of me doesn't fight staying here, in this addition, because I built it. I designed much of it - picked the colors, chose the closet sizes, the tub, the shelves, the molding. Packing up and moving would be a pain......but maybe it really would be for the best. Something to think about anyway.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment