I was helping in Alana's class Wednesday and had the incredible good fortune of hearing this conversation between Alana and a boy who was her partner for the Learning Center rotations. They both came running up to me when it was their turn to come to my center looking excited. Alana gave me a hug and her friend said, "I am so excited I get to be with Alana!" They were so cute. As they started to go to their seats at my table he told me, "I hope one day I can marry Alana." I couldn't believe what I was hearing and was inwardly totally laughing. As they took their seats I said "Well, there's a long time before you'll be old enough to marry anyone and you'll meet lots of friends between now and then."
Alana: "Okay, ___________. I'll marry you."
Oh my goodness!
I was anticipating having the talk someday with Alana about how it's important to start group dating at 16 years old and not skip the step by going straight to single-dating/going steady. But she's skipping right to the engagement part without even going on a date! Guess I should've had the "dating around" discussion at FIVE-YEARS-OLD.....

3 comments:
You gotta catch the good guys early!
You can tell that sweet little boy that he might have some competition in Reno - that is if Alana doesn't mind older boys. Hee-hee!
Hahahaha! Annie been betrothed a couple times already too!
Post a Comment