Tuesday, December 2, 2008

twilight Took Over My Life!


Not necessarily a bad thing, but I realized that for the past week and a half I have been almost entirely engrossed in Stephenie Meyer's books. It was so hard to put them down - to eat, shower, sleep, feed children, clean, blog - pretty much anything that wasn't reading one of the four books in the twilight saga. She did a wonderful job with her writing. It felt kind of weird to return to normal life after I completed them. I almost wasn't sure what to do with myself at first and kind of missed the book world. :) But I think I'm alright now (My house, my husband, & probably my children are grateful for that). I truly LOVED the books, but am now back to the goal of creating a life I love as much. I may blog some twilight thoughts, but for now am just announcing my return to human life. Thank you to Allysa for loaning me your books! Thank you, Stephenie Meyer, for helping us average people to see the possibility that we may really be something amazing in our next life though we may appear to be solely mediocre here!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I just read the comment you wrote on my blog. That's how I was with the first 3 books, I read them all one right after the other right after Eclipse came out and some people in my ward were talking about them. I totally neglected everything too! Maybe that's why I didn't like Breaking Dawn as much because it didn't feel connected to the other 3 in my mind after so much time had passed. I just feel like because Stephenie Meyer wrote The Host before Breaking Dawn it just wasn't as good as I think it could have been. I do think there is enough material in Breaking Dawn for a movie, but I don't know how it could be made into a very good movie. I hope I will be proven wrong. Have you seen Twilight yet?

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

hahaha! Welcome to the club!

Wendy said...

Yes, it consumed and overtook my life as well. But they were a good read. I just barely got to watch the movie right after Christmas. It was fun to get out with my sisters in law and do a girls night out.